On Friday 03 July 2009 16:04:07 Hans Hagen wrote:
> > Obsolete in mkii?
> > Shouldn't basic use (read standard users)
> > treat source text transparently
> > between mkii and mkiv?
>
> no, this is one of the few places where there will be a difference; we
> have way more control now (also to the detail of setting up styles for
> each separator in a composed number) but that comes at a price; i don't
> want to complicate the mkiv code with too many compatibility hacks

I understand and I do agree, basically.
However, any (and all) differences need to be clearly documented.
I know that you are working on this. Perhaps we need to put together
a mkii->mkiv changes summary document, from the users point of view
updating http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mark_IV (or Mark_IV_differences).

I am aware of a few differences, but am far from having a complete view.

On Sunday 05 July 2009 11:32:35 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Can you give a example how to continue chapter numbering over parts, I
> tried a few settings with \definestructureresetset but I wasn't very
> successful.

Yes, please provide an example. I too have tried different blind guesses
and have not succeeded either.

Alan