On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 23:22, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> TikZ does the following:
>>
>> \def\pgfu...@font@tiny{\tfxx}            % How to do this correctly?
>
> \small or \txx

That was just copy-pasted from TikZ source (I have not been asking
that; my diagnosis/question/suggestion was about
\let\pgfu...@font@normalfont=\rm and \let\pgfu...@selectfont=\rm that
should probably be changed to \tf) but since you have answered ...

I think that it was desired to use something even smaller. In LaTeX there is:

\tiny   5
\scriptsize     7
\footnotesize   8
\small  9
\normalsize     10

so one can choose 4 smaller sizes. In ConTeXt there is apparently (I
never had to use so tiny sizes, so I never checked the details):

  \definebodyfontenvironment
    [10pt]
    [\s!text=10pt,\s!script=7pt,\s!scriptscript=5pt,
     \c!x=8pt,\c!xx=6pt,\c!big=12pt,\c!small=8pt]

I suspect that the author wanted to have something even smaller than
\tfxx (or better: 4 smaller sizes instead of just the current two),
most probably that would be scriptscript, just that it needs a special
treatment. (\switchtobodyfont[scriptscript] works to get 5pt in 10pt
regime, but I'm not sure about the most efficient way.)

>> \def\pgfu...@font@scriptsize{\tfxx}
>> \def\pgfu...@font@footnotesize{\tfx}
>> \def\pgfu...@font@small{\tfx}
>> \def\pgfu...@font@normalsize{\tf}