On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 20:47, Hans van der Meer wrote:

> Thanks Mojca for your answer and suggestion. There surely is something with
> my typescripts that makes them happy under mkii and very unhappy under mkiv.

MKIV has undergone *heavy* changes recently, and fonts were one of the
area that has been influenced a lot. You should not expect your old
typescripts to work with MKIV without modifications.

> Switching them out of the way at least brings typesetting in LM back.
> However, I am attached to my use of Lucida and Mathtimes (both from Y&Y) and
> I would very much like to continue using them. Do you have a pointer with
> what to start?

Math definitions are a bit non-trivial and might be a subject to
change. I thought Hans was using Lucida extensively, at least all of
his manuals are typeset in lucida, so you have a slightly better
chance to get it done.

I'll stop responding about math at this point since I don't know
enough and I should not invest time into it right now.

> Would you give changing texnansi for 8r a good chance, for a
> first try? Or is more heavy surgery on my typefiles needed?

It's best if Hans answers about the preferred way to use the old tfm
fonts with ConTeXt. But for math it definitely means heavy surgery.
Not even times and palatino are working properly as far as I know. You
may take a look at type-otf.mkiv and type-vfu. One needs to create a
table of glyphs. I fear that Lucida has them at non-standard slots.

I would gladly help with lucida, but I may not right now.

> I was never very
> good with typefiles and I fear very much I can start over all again for
> mkiv.

:)

... and I fear you are right.

Well, you might need some help to get Lucida done. Since you are happy
with TeX Gyre, most fonts that kept causing you problem are already
covered, right?

> For the regular postscript fonts like NewCenturySchoolbook etc.

\usetypescript[schola]
\setupbodyfont[schola]

or

\usetypescript[schoolbook]
\setupbodyfont[schoolbook]

But ... what matching math font were you usually using?

> I will we be
> happy to use the TeX Gyre files for these. I guess they are already
> somewhere in my system.

You probably have texgyreschola-regular.otf etc. if you either have TL
2008/09 or ConTeXt minimals.

> Would you please point me to a relevant starting
> point for the necessary incantations?

Hmmmm .... http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeX_Gyre, but the best
reference is usually type-xxx.mkiv/tex.

> For some dark reason I always seem to
> get lost when searching the ContextWiki for a specific topic.

That might not necessary be your problem :) Wiki is not in the best
shape, but ...

Mojca