Matthijs Kooijman wrote:
Hi Patrick,

I don't know if you have noticed that the git repository has been
replaced by a newer one.

I'm surprised that there is even a git repository at all. On the wiki and all
documents I've seen so far, there is only talk about rsyncing from an ftp, git
is never mentioned.

these are different things:

- zips from www.pragma-ade.com: the official alpha, beta and current in tds format
- svn on tex.aanhet.net and gforge: the zips submitted in an svn repos
- ftp on one of our machines: intermediate versions for the happy few (non public) - git on the garden: an experiment that started last context meeting and will launch upcoming context meeting
- minimals: stand alone tex installations efficiently synced with rsync

However, looking at the contents of the git repository, it seems that this is
just a repository that automatically checks the files from the ftp every so
often? I was hoping for an actual git repository with commit messages to show
changes, but it seems the git repository isn't the primary version of context

well, such messages would not help much unless they would be detailed (and then should be done for each file); as i work on all files at the same time it would cost me way to much time and it gains me nothing; looking at the diff in a git gui is more informative

(I guess Hans' local copy is)?

the zips are built from my local dev tree which has a completely different structure; reorganizing that all (sources, examples, manuals, presentations, etc etc) would cost me a lot of time (as not all is suitable for a repos), gains me nothing, and is no fun doing

if some huge project was paying for the effort i would consider doing it but at the moment it simply does not pay off