2. Where is OSFONTDIR set on mkiv? I specifically do NOT want my system fonts used by ConTeXt; everything I want to use with TeX is in one of my texmf trees. How can I prevent mkiv from taking the system paths into account?

indeed, putting them in the tree is more robust (and controllable)

mojca is supposed to know the osfontdir details

May I jump in here with a question? The other day I realized that whatever OSFONTDIR is set in texmf.cnf is overridden in

luatools.lua
mtxrun.lua
data-res.lua

and possibly in other files, too. While these fix functions point to the correct osx font directories

1. ~/Library/Fonts
2. /Library/Fonts
3. /System/Library/Fonts

and set things up as intended for most scenarios presumably, we're losing quite a bit of flexibility here I guess. Are this fix functions considered a temporary workaround or are they part of a larger plan? If they're just a hack, I'm wondering whether we could delegate control over OSFONTDIR back to the configuration files ...

Oliver