On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Mojca Miklavec <
mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 22:52, Derek CORDEIRO wrote:

> lua

> 0.42.
> >>
> >> Does this happen during update (first-update.bat) or during format
> >> generation?
> >
> > No, not that I can notice. (first-setup.bat and context --generate,
> context
> > --make don't show any errors.)
> >

> >> If it happens during format generation it could be due to
> >> "chicken-and-egg problem" (luatex cannot update itself). There is
> >> texlua.exe in bin/ and luatex.exe in tex/texmf-mswin/bin. Can you try
> >> to run both separately (luatex --version and texlua --version) and
> >> check their versions?
> >
> > C:\contextminimal>bin\texlua.exe --version
> > This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.40.6-2009081408 (Web2C 2009) luatex.web >=
> > v14240
> >
> > C:\contextminimal>tex\texmf-mswin\bin\luatex.exe --version
> > This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.40.6-2009081408 (Web2C 2009) luatex.web >=
> > v14240
> >

> >> One possibility to resolve the problem is to fetch a fresh copy of
> >> http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-setup-mswin.zip and
> >
> > I downloaded it less than 2 hours back. I even tried over-writing(after
> > running first-setup.bat but the version of texlua.exe in the above file
> is
> > beta-0.40.6…
>
> It's not about overwritting luatex.exe, but luatex.dll.

I know, I meant overwriting both the files and executing texlua.exe ( Sorry
I was a bit ambiguous)

> >> overwrite the old "bin" folder, or just replace
> >> http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/mswin/bin/luatex.dll.
> >
> > Tried that too… I wonder if its just me :-/
>
> The weird thing is that
>    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/bin/luatex/mswin/bin/
> shows the date of luatex.dll to be 14th August (I cannot try right now
> what version that is, but it cannot be too old).

If it helps, I tried the GUI installer with the stable branch first. Got the
too old binary error and re-ran the GUI installer with the beta branch. But
it made no difference so started afresh(deleted contextminimals folder, and
used the
context-setup-mswin.zip<http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-setup-mswin.zip>+
first-setup.bat.

Thanks for the quick response. I hope you will check it when possible.

With Thanks,
Derek
Blog: http://www.derekcordeiro.com
Follow Me: http://twitter.com/derekcordeiro