Dear All,

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
While the space after the inlined subscripts does look excessive, it
faithfully matches the font's MATH table: the integrals in cambria math
have a massive italic correction even though they fit in their bounding
boxes quite nicely.

Maybe Word has a workaround for that, but at first glance it looks to
me like there is nothing we can do except complain to Microsoft.

"We" as the developers, who do not consider non-general solutions, or
"we" as end-users, who can use non-kosher tricks and workarounds
(negative kerns and the like) to suit their limited private needs?

BTW, is there an ear in Microsoft open to such complaints?

         Sincerely, Michail
I get too much space between the integral sign and limits of
integration.
Is it a bug? Are there fixes/workarounds?
I think that the space is also excessive with context version 2009.07.17
and luatex -0.42.0-2009071807

I am attaching the output of

\usetypescript[cambria]
\setupbodyfont[cambria]

\starttext

\startTEXpage
$\displaystyle \int_a^b \int\limits_a^b$
\stopTEXpage