Thanks Taco, that worked just fine for me.

Best regards,
Brian

On Aug 17, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

Hi,

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
Brian R. Landy wrote:
Hi, I have a small equation I am attempting to typeset. Using MKII it comes out fine, but under MKIV the text "non-perf. bal." is not typeset correctly (non-perf is instead nonperf with the dash under the 'p', and
extra space appears after 'bal.')
It could be an engine problem in the handling of \mathchoice, I
am checking it out. A slightly smaller erroneous file is:
\starttext
\math {(\text{non\discretionary{-}{}{-}perf.})\over1}
\stoptext
more later.

Properly fixing this could take me a while, so let me propose
a workaround for the time being. Add this to your preamble and
you should have proper output again:

\unexpanded\def\mathchoice#1#2#3#4%
 {{\ifcase\mathstyle #1\or#1\or#2\or#2\or#3\or#3\or#4\or#4\fi }}

Best wishes,
Taco