Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 20:09, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Mohamed Bana wrote:

no that results in an empty page.  aren't the formats generated when i run
first-setup.sh?
They do, so I am guessing that something is going wrong. Can you try by
redownloading first-setup.sh afresh and trying again?

I seriously think that something is wrong with luatex formats (if I
remember correctly due to seemingly different paths).

Hans, would it be possible to generate metafun format on the fly, the
same way as luatex format? That would be the best solution.

in tex.rb patch aroun dline 678:

            else
                report("unable to make format due to lack of permissions")
                texformatpath = ''
                setvariable('error','no permissions to write')
            end
            if not mpsformats then
                # we want metafun to be in sync
                setvariable('mpsformats',defaultmpsformats)
                mpsformats = validmpsformat(getarrayvariable('mpsformats'))
            end
        else
            texformatpath = ''
        end

so, add the "if not mpsformats then .. end"