On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Jörg Hagmann wrote:

Installing the minimals on ubuntu works with "first-setup.sh" without remaking the formats, in both mkII and mkiv.

Installing them on my mac (10.5.8) (same procedure), mkii only works after remaking the formats, whereas remaking them for mkiv didn't help (Fatal Error : Your format does not match the base files!).

Are you using the same shell in both. I vaguely remember that in some shells you need "source setuptex" while in others you need ". setuptex".

Aditya