Hi Thomas,

I did take a look at simple slides, and in their documentation, there
is no "plain" background. All the backgrounds have some shape/color to
it. That may be possible, but I couldn't tell just by spending 3-4 min
skimming the documentation. As it is something very natural to want (a
plain background), I assumed that it was either not supported without
a hack, or too hard to figure out.

Best,

Guilherme

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schm...@uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2009, at 5:06 AM, Guilherme P. de Freitas wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I would like to be able to make very simple slides with ConTeXt, and I
>> need a template. I would be very grateful if someone could point me to
>> one. Think Apple's Keynotes or Lawrence Lessig's presentations. Plain
>> background, not too much stuff on the slides whenever possible. If you
>> need a more concrete example, here it is:
>>
>> http://archive.gpfreitas.net/work/seminars/en/sisl/turingt-pres.pdf
>>
>> It's just that I am experimenting with taking notes while I read a
>> paper, and make a presentation direct from the notes. For that, using
>> my favorite text editor is a lot better than using Apple's Keynote
>> (which is otherwise very nice).
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Guilherme
>>
> You could do worse than taking a look at simpleslides:
> http://modules.contextgarden.net/simpleslides The name really says it all...
>
> Thomas

Guilherme P. de Freitas
http://www.gpfreitas.com