Hello,
when I try to use MP code in my file, I follow the instructions, but
when I compile the file, there is no result whatsoever.
Text parts of the document are OK, but there is no trace of the image
that should be there.

The following is taken directly from metafun manual (page 9) as the
minimal ConTeXt example:

\starttext
\startuseMPgraphic{dummy}
 fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red ;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\useMPgraphic{dummy}
\stoptext

Well, I get nothing on my setup as well as if I use the online compiler.
Therefore I assume that something must be wrong.
Could you comment on that?

Regards,
Matej