Mojca Miklavec wrote:

They released a patch for this problem in April 2009. Specifically, they
patched the binary files dvips and pdftex

Have these patches been applied to the versions of dvips and pdftex in the
minimals?

Not for dvips for a simple reason. It's not in minimals. The sources
for minimals contain the latest stable pdftex branch (that's returning
errors during compilation at the moment).

That's curious. There's a file called dvips in my minimals-context/tex/ temf-osx-intel/bin/

It seems to be dated 9/17/07

The version of pdftex is newer than the patched one: July 22 2009 vs. March 31 2009. I'm going to assume it's OK.

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

Question: is this still a problem for luatex 0.44? (Please say no).

I applied a patch tagged 'Melissa O'Neill' on March 22 (included as
of luatex-0.36.0), which I think is the one this is about.

Best wishes,
Taco

That looks right. Thank you!