Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Did this work earlier? It wouldn't surprise me if it was broken
> in older versions as well.

Sorry, I didn't want to imply that the problem was introduced in the latest
version - it might as well be there for some time now. The last time I
compiled the document in question was end of July.

I attached a representative example document.

Since details often matter: I need alternative=data to put the whole
citation information into footnotes. So if alternative=data is not the right
approach, I would be happy to learn how to do it better :)

Best regards,
Andreas.
\mainlanguage[de]
\enableregime[utf]

\usemodule[bib]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa-de]
\setuppublicationlist[artauthor=\invertedshortauthor,author=\invertedshortauthor]

\startpublication[k=cheng_tutorial_1999,t=article,
a={{Cheng},{Gen}},y=1999,
u={http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true\&db=bth\&AN=2204993\&sit%
e=ehost-live},
n=2,s=CG99]
\artauthor[]{Runwei}[R.]{}{Cheng}
\artauthor[]{Mitsuo}[M.]{}{Gen}
\pubyear{1999}
\arttitle{A tutorial survey of job-shop scheduling problems using genetic
  algorithms}
\journal{Computers \& Industrial Engineering}
\issn{0360-8352}
\volume{36}
\pages{343-364}
\month{4}
\keywords{Genetic algorithms}
\biburl{http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true\&db=bth\&AN=2204993%
\&site=ehost-live}
\stoppublication

\starttext
  This is some short test.
  \cite[alternative=data][cheng_tutorial_1999]