Hi,

luigi scarso wrote:
>> This pdftex warning can be ignored. It used to be present in luatex as
>> well, but it was removed in version 0.37.0.
> OK -- but what does it means ?

To the best of my knowledge, it only means that no ToUnicode values
have been set up using \pdfglyphtounicode yet at the moment that pdftex
(or luatex for an 8-bit font) is writing some ToUnicode values for some
font to the pdf disk file. (in mkiv, such values can be set up via
pdfr-def.mkii)

The warning is not pointless per se, but special ToUnicode entries are
usually not needed at all for latin scripts (AR is smart enough to
solve common cases itself). That makes the warning a bit over the top,
and so I removed it in luatex to avoid confusing users.

Best wishes,
Taco