Am Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:28:08 -0330 schrieb Roger Mason:

> Martin,
>
> Martin Scholz <mar...@scholz-net.org> writes:
>
>> is there a way in conTeXt how I can use a filename, so that I can write
>> a text where I can refer to it for using it in the following scenario:
>>
>> I need 4 documents with nearly the same content. what I like to do is
>> to switch in the document depending on the called filename.
>>
>> as I got a file called invoice.tex and create some links to this file
>> called delivery.tex order.tex and so on and now call
>>
>> texexec invoice.tex
>>
>> or
>>
>> texexec order.tex
>>
>> I want the document to recognize in the first case that it is invoice
>> and in the second case that it is order, so that I can use an if then
>> else environment on the different parts where I can define the
>> following
>>
>> if{filename==invoice} then{print this content} else{}
>> if{filename==order} then{print this part of content} else{}
>>

> Have you looked at modes?  I use this technique for making manuscript,
> presentation and speakernotes versions of teaching documents.
>
> Here is an example:
>
> %%% TheEarthWorks.tex ---
>
> %% Author: rma...@mun.ca
> %% Version: $Id: TheEarthWorks.tex,v 0.0 2009/01/14 19:16:14 rmason Exp$
>
> % Styles specific to the pres and MS modes: \input presentation.tex
> \input manuscript.tex
>
> \starttext
> \startcolor[TextColor]
>   \setupalign[right, nothyphenated]
>   \setuptolerance[horizontal,verytolerant]
>
>   % Title
>   \titlepage{Gems, The Earth \& its Works}
>
> %

> \NewSlide{Diamonds are a girls best friend} \oneplot{fig:intro}{Diamonds
> are a girls best friend\ldots and tell us a lot about how the Earth
> works.}{\externalfigure[Brillanten]} % reference caption image
>
> \startmode[manuscript]
>   \section{Introduction}
>   The Earth is made of rocks and in turn the rocks are made of minerals.
>   Most gems (\in{Fig.}[fig:intro]) are minerals.  We will look at rocks
>   and minerals soon, but before we do so it is useful to have an
>   overview of the bigger picture: the structure of the Earth.  We will
>   then go on to look at how various kinds of rocks are formed before
>   focusing on minerals and gems.
> \stopmode%[manuscript]
>
> \startmode[manuscript]
>   \section{Structure of the Earth}
>   What is the interior of the Earth like?  Is it structureless, like
>   Christmas cake, or does it have a structure, like layer cake?  If the
>   Earth is structureless then maybe gems can form and be found anywhere.
>    If it has structure then perhaps specific gems form only in
>   particular places.
> \stopmode%[manuscript]
>
> %

> \NewSlide{Structure of the Earth}
> \twoplots
> % reference caption
> % image1 caption1
> [...]

Hi Roger, List

Thanks that sounds ok, but now I need to know I can use this by an
external program, as I try to build a letter for Lx-Office, an OpenSource
ERP Programm that uses TeX for processing the output and I can not really
switch in it the type how it is called, so I need more or less an
indocument version for this, like the if-then-else-clauses so thanks but
I think it is not the way I can use it.

Greetings

Martin