Thanks to both Willi and Wolfgang. I quickly tried Wolfgang's method and it
worked great.

 Willi, even if, as you said, the setting is global when placed before
\bTABLE. When I repeat the command \setupTABLE[frame=off] again before table
2, should that not be the new global setup and apply to things following it?

Thanks again.