Hi Luigi,

> >> hm , some problem here
> >> # context --version
> >> MTXrun | main context file: context.tex
> >> MTXrun | current version: 2009.11.10 13:30
> >
> > Your example works fine for me on an older beta:
> >
> >  $ context --version
> >  MTXrun | main context file: /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/context.tex
> >  MTXrun | current version: 2009.10.28 19:27

I've just tried on a somewhat newer context which I found lying around, which
does not give the error you gave (so it does know the \autoinsertnextspace
command), but it doesn't work properly either (it never inserts a space
AFAICT).

matth...@xanthe:~$ context --version
MTXrun | main context file: /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/context.tex
MTXrun | current version: 2009.11.24 10:13

I'll have another go with the newest version soon.

Gr.

Matthijs