David Arnold wrote:
All,

The attached Metapost file uses the statsmac package by Anthony Phan.
http://www-math.univ-poitiers.fr/~phan/statsmac.html

And the package:

mps.tar.gz
<http://www-math.univ-poitiers.fr/~phan/downloads/metapost/mps.tar.gz>

To compile the attached file I use:

mpost Untitled.mp
mptopdf Untitled.1

I've attached the resulting file. I am wondering why the "cm" label is set in a larger font than the ticklabels. Can anyone help?

The tick labels are typeset by metapost itself, but the "cm" is
typeset externally (by ConTeXt, if you run the garden distribution).
Metapost is probably using 10pt while ConTeXt uses its default 12pt.

  verbatimtex
  \setupbodyfont[10pt]
  etex

or something similar is needed at the top of the file.

Best wishes,
Taco