Hallo,

this are the things which driving me nuts:

Suppose I want to numerate my sections with uppercase characters.
In texshow-web I found

\setuphead[section-3][bodypartconversion=Characters]

but this does not work. I deleted the 's' from Characters

\setuphead[section-3][bodypartconversion=Character]

but that is not working too.

At the garden page 'titles' I found

\setupsection[section-3][bodypartconversion=Character]

that works, but it does not correspont to the syntaxdescription in
texshow-web, which is

\setupsection[...][...][...,...=...,...]
[...]   name
[...]   name
conversion      numbers characters Characters romannumerals Romannumerals
previousnumber  yes no

The second parameter should be a 'name' and bodypartconversion is not
a parameter at all.

Looking at the description, my problem should be solved by

\setupsection[section-3][][conversion=Characters]

and this works. But the version

\setupsection[section-3][conversion=Characters]

works too. Why? And what is the difference to the first solution?

So much open questions. So much lost time.

Wolfgang, a little bit frustrated.