On 10-3-2010 21:43, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
Dnia Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 06:56:32PM +0100, Hans Hagen napisał(a):
(there will and can be more such math goodies so don't hesitate to
collect them)

Hans

I wrote about it some time ago, but I have deleted that email, so here
is the thing again.

In the Polish typesetting package for LaTeX, there are defined a few
commands like \tg and \ctg, since in Poland we write "tg" and not "tan",
and "ctg" and not "cot".  (There are also a few more commands, like
\arcssin generating arc\,sin etc. according to Polish customs.)  I know
that this is controversial, but it would be nice to have a switch so
that \tan also produces "tg" etc.  The reason behind it is that if we
treat TeX as a markup language and not a typesetting one (as is often
the case with mathematical formulae), we want to be able to adapt to
local typesetting traditions without changing the code.  Also, cutting
and pasting formulae between Polish and English texts (and I need it
from time to time, for example) would be easier that way.  I agree that
this need not be the default, but having it as an option would be handy
(although not really indispensable).  Would such a switch be possible
(without too much work, of course)?

some things are easy (and can be written in parallel to watching a movie) ... in the beta ...

\starttext

    $\tan{x} + \cos{x}$

    \mainlanguage[pl]

    $\tan{x} + \cos{x}$

    \mainlanguage[nl]

    $\tan{x} + \cos{x}$

\stoptext

currently no special switch for math so it goes with mainlanguage (but one can overload \mathlabellanguage)

see math-lan.mkiv ... up to you (and others) to complete it