On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 18.03.10 11:10, schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
>>
>> Mikael Persson wrote:
>>

>>> I think the prime is too close to the f and
>>>

>> This problem could be related to a luatex bug :
>>
>>   http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=345
>>

> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.53.0-2010031812 (rev 3520)
>
> Unrelated to the bug, the bad kerning remains.
>
> Wolfgang

I have now compiled a larger article and so let me update my example a bit:

% mdprim.tex
\definetypeface[charter][mm][math] [charter][default][text=rm]
\definetypeface[charter][rm][serif][charter][default]

\setupbodyfont[charter,10pt]

\starttext
$f'(x)=\sin(x)$, $\partial x$, $\alpha x_2^2$.
Define $A\colon \mathbb{R}\to\mathbb{R}$ as\dots.
\stoptext
% end of mdprim.tex

The output is attached. In my opinion the spacing between \partial and
x is too small, and the spacing in the x_2^2 does not look right
either, but I don't really know what is the problem. Maybe, on a
second look the 2s are too big?

I'd also expected that the \colon gives a colon (with some space), but
maybe that is a ams(la)tex macro I have do define on my own? (As it is
now it does not complain about the \colon, but it also gives no
colon).

Best regards, Mikael

PS: The kerning for mathdesign in LaTeX is OK. But that is probably,
as someone wrote, due to vf files(?)