Hi All

A few (ie > 10) years ago I purchased the MinionMM and MyriadMM
Multiple Master typefaces from the long-defunct Adobe Type on Call.
I have the full set including the expert fonts. They were really quite
expensive so I would really like to find out if they are (or will be)
supported by LuaTeX. Having installed FontForge (FF) on my PC I note that FF certainly supports them. So, I was wondering if MM technolgy, even though it is kinda obsolete, is or will be supported?

For sure, you can certainly create individual instances via Akira's
port (thank you Akira) of the LCDF Typetools (specifically mmafm, mmpfb)

http://www.lcdf.org/type/index.html

I've tried this and the resulting PFB/AFM files definitely work
with Context --- even got my first very simple typescript to
work :-)

I would be very interested to know the current support, or planned
support, for being able to create "multiple master instances" on the fly. For sure, I appreciate that MM support may just not be worth the effort because the technology is "old" and few people are interested in this? Or it may be that it's too much work to create and then install instances on the fly.

But the fonts are nice... and cost a lot :-(

Warm regards

Graham