Hi!

I did find a different behaviour for the same command.
In:
1] \starttext

2] \defineenumeration

3]     [remark]

4]     [way=bysection,location=top,

5]      text=Remark,

6]      inbetween=\blank,

7]      after=\blank]

8] \remark In the early medieval times Hasselt was a place of pilgrimage. %point 1

9] \subremark Nowadays the {\em Heilige Stede} is closed again. %point 2

10] \subremark Nowadays the {\em Heilige Stede} is closed again. %point 3

11]
12] Remarquer la possibilité d'avoir des sous-numéros.

13]
14] \remark In the early medieval times Hasselt was a place of pilgrimage. %point 4

15]
16] \subremark Nowadays the {\em Heilige Stede} is closed again. %point 5

17]
18] Aussi les \type{\startremark...\stopremark}.

19]
20] \remark In the early medieval times Hasselt was a place of pilgrimage. %point 6

21]
22] \subremark Nowadays the {\em Heilige Stede} is closed again. %point 7

23]
24] \subremark Nowadays the {\em Heilige Stede} is closed again. %point 8

25]
26] \stoptext
This works (no empry line before points 1, 2, 3; empty lines before the others) If I suppress the line before any of the points 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 I get an error Runaway argument for the line of point 8!

Suppressing *after*  point 3 or point 5 also gives an error.

In fact, it looks like there should be an empty line after the \remark or \subremark, but not for the first group!

(NB. I did add the line number to avoid misunderstanding going from a Windows CRLF to other CR or LF)

Alain