Hi all,

This is a reaction to a post in another thread, setupinmargin failing,
but it does not seem to directly concern the problem raised there (by
Hans van der Meer). So I raise it as a new problem.

I tried the code supplied by Luigi Scarso in ntg-context Digest, Vol
69, Issue 127, Message 1:

\showframe
\setuppapersize[A4][A3]
\setuplayout[location=middle]
\setupinmargin[left][align=left,foregroundcolor=red]
\setupinmargin[right][align=right,foregroundcolor=blue]
\starttext
ABC\inright{\framed[width=10mm,height=5mm,foregroundcolor=red]{R1 }}
%% override blue, but not for frame
\inleft{\tfx A small note in this margin. But we need to setup
something before \ldots }
\stoptext

A few things in the result surprise, and worry, me:
1,  the actual text page does not coincide with (what I assume is) the
reserved space on the A3-folio  (that is, it partially falls outside
the area with the green border).  Thus in particular the left margin
with its margin text falls partly outside this area (which is also
clear when one uses \setuppapersize[A4][A4] in the preamble. ) The
margin itself is, of course, wide enough to contain the margin note.
Why is this and how can it be avoided?
In fact this usually happens to me: the margins partly fall outside
the page. Very annoying.
2,  \setupinmargin[left][align=left,.. ] actually right-aligns the
left margin note and vice versa. To left-align it I had to give
\setupinmargin[right].
Seems odd to me.
Is this normal?

Since I frequently have to use margin texts I hope somebody can help me out.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone