2010/3/29 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:

> - is there a manual, web site or something where comparison of LaTeX/ConTeXt
> packages/modules would be done?
>
> I'm interested how to include a part of a text file and how to insert some
> pages of another .pdf file.
>
> Normally I was using the fancyvrb (\VerbatimInput) + option "firstline=..."
> and "lastline=..." respectively

A lot of ConTeXt experts do not know what LaTeX packages do. You'll
usually get a faster response by describing the desired functionality
rather than option name from LaTeX.

It would seem like the option you need is there, but it doesn't seem
to work. There are some examples is ConTeXt source:

\setuptyping[file][numbering=file]

\starttext
\typefile[start=2,nlines=3]{zapf}
\typefile[start=3,step=2]{zapf}
\stoptext

But they neither work properly in mkii nor in mkiv (a different bug in each).

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Including_pages_from_PDF_document

> Is there a place where to study module/package
> "similarities"/"equivalences"?

Apart for the page mentioned by Wolfgang, probably not. Usually people
ask on the list if some functonality is missing. Many packages are not
needed since the same functionality is offered by ConTeXt core.

Some external modules offer very special functionality (like lilypond,
gnuplot, vim, games, r ...), some offer simplified approach to methods
that are otherwise doable with more effort (simplefonts, simpleslides,
...), some offer support for non-standard fonts, ...

Mojca