Am 23.04.2010 19:44, schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 22-4-2010 8:15, Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in a multi column layout I want to place a figure at a fixed position.
>> Inserting a floating object at a fixed position doesn't make any sense,
>> but I need the correct caption (number) for the graphic. Sadly
>> \placefigure fails with
>
> nx=3

yes (example works) and no (no general solution) :)

I updated the example (end of mail). Haven't looked into the code, but
this looks like an indexing problem to me. If \@@mc4 stands for 'multi
column 4' we are in trouble, because only three columns are used here.

[..]
todo            : enable notes
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \@@mc4@@mcwidth
\@@ar@@4 ...ace \OTRSETlocalwidth \scratchcounter
                                                  \relax
\OTRSETcheckwidthga...
\redoloop ->\expandrecursecontent
                                  \endofloop
<to be read again>
                   {
<inserted text>
                2
\dodoloop ...mexpr \recurselevel +\plusone \relax
                                                  }
l.19 \stopcolumnset

?

Peter

%-----------------------------------------------------
\setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]

\usemodule[visual]

\definecolumnset[example][n=3]

\definecolumnsetarea[one][left][x=1,y=1,nx=3,ny=16,state=start]
\setupcolumnsetareatext[one][left][\setup{test}]

\startsetups test
\placefigure[here,force][test]{test}{\externalfigure[cow]}
\stopsetups

\starttext
\startcolumnset[example]
\dorecurse{25}{\fakewords{50}{100}}