On 7-5-2010 10:52, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
Peter Münster wrote:
On Thu, May 06 2010, Hans Hagen wrote:

\startbuffer[test]
bla = nil
\stopbuffer
\savebuffer[test][../mytest.lua]
\starttext
\startluacode
package.path = "../?.lua;;"
require("mytest")
\stopluacode
\stoptext
dofile "../mytest.lua"

Bad example...

mytest.lua is a module, so it must be loaded with require:

You cannot always replace 'require' with 'dofile', and for
this reason it is important that package.path actually works
as explained in the lua manual. (escrito had similar problems,
and other external lua modules will run into it as well).

well, package path is supported (as is cpath) so it's more a question of why that paths fails .. maybe we need to explicitly assume ";" instead of the platform separator (tests on my machine work ok as windows has ; as separator)

you can test this with adding an explcit ";" to

        libpaths = file.split_path(_path_,";")

in data-lua.lua