Hello,

while reading through the PDF to ISO-9075-1 (SQL99), I noticed something I
had never seen before in a PDF: the page numbers displayed by Acrobat
matched exactly the ones in the document ... the beginning was even numbered
with roman numbers and the actual content started again at "Page 1". From a
quick research it seems that this functionality is in PDF since Acrobat 4
(that should be PDF 1.3, right?) and is most likely called "Custom Page
Numbering". It would be amazing if ConTeXt/LuaTeX supports that too -
especially if you produce documents for screen reading.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the PDF Specification currently to give
you more info - so I don't even know for sure how that feature is officially
called.

Anyway, I hope that idea/suggestion/wish finds positive reactions ... and I
somehow hope that it isn't actually too hard to implement :-)

Best Regards,
Andreas.