On 26-7-2010 1:56, Matija Šuklje wrote:
Dne ponedeljek 26. julija 2010 ob 12:20:14 je luigi scarso napisal(a):
I try  to use "one" and "we" .

I used to use "one" as well, but after a while it starts looking weird. for
now I settled for "(s)he", but I wondered if there's a nice widely adopted
option like the Swiss use "*Innen":
e.g. "StudentInnen" means "Studenten und Studentinnen"

Don Knuth at the Q&A session at Oxford 1999 (reprinted in TeX's 2^5 anniversary):

"And I also go through every paper and put it into the form in which I would like it to be remembered. So if a paper was was written in the 70s and I used sexist pronouns, I change that; I try to rework it so that instead of saying 'he did it', I'll say 'they did it' or something. Also I change 'which' to 'that' a lot. It's an American thing."