On 2010-08-06 <13:34:20>, Hans Hagen wrote:
> how about:
>
> \starttext
>
> \startluacode
> context.startMPcode()
> context("draw fullcircle scaled 10cm;")
> context.stopMPcode()
>
> context.resetMPdrawing()
>
> context.startMPdrawing()
> context("fill fullcircle scaled 10cm;")
> context.stopMPdrawing()
>
> for i=1,100,5 do
>     context.startMPdrawing()
>     context("draw fullcircle scaled " ..i .. "mm withcolor white;")
>     context.stopMPdrawing()
> end
>
> context.MPdrawingdonetrue()
>
> context.getMPdrawing()
> \stopluacode
>
> \stoptext

That's more or less what I'm doing right now; I was being curious about
the “metapost.process(etc)” function, especially concerning the first
argument: “mpx” -- what could be a valid format identifier besides
"metafun"? Why does it fail on the otherwise sound example from
mlib-ctx.mkiv? It's nothing urgent, just plain curiosity.

Philipp