Sorry for bringing this up again but ...

Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>  Am 29.07.10 15:33, schrieb Elias Oltmanns:
>> Wolfgang Schuster<schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>> This is easy:
>>>
>>> \setupnote[footnote][location=text]
>>>
>>> \setuptexttexts[margin][][{\framed[frame=off,offset=none,align=low,height=\textheight,width=broad]{\placenotes[footnote]}}]
>>>
>>> %\showframe
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> text\footnote{one} text\footnote{two} text\footnote{\input tufte\par} text
>>> \stoptext
>> Thanks for the snippet. Unfortunately, the footnotes don't seem to make
>> it onto the page though. Would this be due to using ConTeXt MKII by any
>> chance?
>
> You need a different setup for the footnote in Mark 2:
>
> \setupnote[footnote][width=\rightmarginwidth]

I've only just realised that TeX seems to reserve space for the
footnotes at the bottom of the main text area. Check the following
example:

\setupnote[footnote][width=\rightmarginwidth]

\setuptexttexts[margin][][{\framed[frame=off,rule=off,offset=none,align=low,height=\textheight,width=broad]{\placenotes[footnote]}}]

\starttext
text\footnote{one} text\footnote{two} text\footnote{And here we have
  yet another footnote spanning more than one line.} %
{\dorecurse{4}{\input tufte\par}}
\stoptext

I've tried the same with \setupfootnotes and \placefootnotes to no
avail.

Any hint will be appreciated,

Elias