On 13-8-2010 1:59, Salil Sayed wrote:
\usemodule[streams]

\def\StartCouple{\page\SwitchToNormal}
\def\StopCouple {\SwitchToNormal \SynchronizeLeftAndRight \FlushLeftAndRight}
\def\Original {\SwitchToNormal\SynchronizeLeftAndRight\SwitchToLeft}
\def\Translation{\SwitchToRight}

\Original\en
Are you sleeping, brother John?

\Translation\de
Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?

I will pick up streams some day soon. But I needs to think of an interface. Maybe in the meantime you can start collecting user wishes.

\setuplayout[grid=yes] \showgrid

\starttext

\enableoutputstream[en]

    Are you sleeping, brother John?\footnote{xxx}
    x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input tufte \par \pushoutputstream
    Are you sleeping, brother John?\footnote{xxx} \par \pushoutputstream
    x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input tufte \par \pushoutputstream
    Are you sleeping, brother John?\footnote{xxx} \par \pushoutputstream

\enableoutputstream[de]

    Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?\footnote{yyy}
    x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input ward \par \pushoutputstream
    Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?\footnote{yyy} \par \pushoutputstream
    x \footnote{note \recurselevel}\input ward \par \pushoutputstream
    Bruder Jakob, schläfst du noch?\footnote{yyy} \par \pushoutputstream

\disableoutputstream

\input tufte

\synchronizestreams[en,de]

\page \flushoutputstream[en]