On Aug 18, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 01:01:13PM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>

>> Khaled Hosny wrote:
>>>
>>> Dunno then, it is very confusing, some fonts are found by file name and
>>> some are not. Putting them in TEXMF tree makes them found.
>>
>> Wild guess: could it be related to the dot in ".fonts" ?
>
> Other fonts in that directory are found, font names works for all fonts
> there too.

May I chime in here? Hans, a couple of weeks ago, I reported a similar problem:
none of the fonts in my personal texmf-trees ends up in the database. I can
still reproduce the problem:

luatools AGaramondPro-Regular.otf
/Users/tas/texmf/fonts/opentype/adobe/agaramond/AGaramondPro-Regular.otf

mtxrun --script fonts --list --all "agaramond*"

(i.e. nothing found). I can only use all these personal fonts via the file:
syntax; name: does not work. Maybe these problems are related? Something's not
quite kosher in the font database...

Thomas