On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 04:09, Marco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to install the minimals on my SunOS remote server (to have access
> to MkIV everywhere).

> Is SunOS x86 not supported? On the luatex home page I see there are binaries
> available.

For Solaris Sparc we have nobody to compile the binaries at the
moment. The person who asked us for adding Solaris x86 support is not
using Solaris any more, in last month there was no single Solaris user
downloading the minimals and after Oracle overtake, I have been
seriously considering removing support for solaris.

However, if there is demand for it, we can keep it.

> But first-install.sh reports the following errors:
>
> remote-1 ~/bin/usr/share/context:>./first-setup.sh
> receiving incremental file list
>
> sent 31 bytes  received 126 bytes  104.67 bytes/sec
> total size is 4834848  speedup is 30795.21
> ld.so.1: texlua: Schwerer Fehler: Verschiebungsfehler: Datei
> /storage3_l0/home1/std11815/bin/usr/share/context/bin/texlua: Symbol asprintf:
> referenziertes Symbol nicht gefunden
> ./first-setup.sh: line 103:  6759 Killed (Abgebrochen)    mtxrun --verbose
> --script ./bin/mtx-update.lua --update --make --force --engine=all
> --context=beta --platform=$platform --texroot=$PWD/tex $@

The question is: is these because there's LuaTeX beta-0.61.0 instead
of the latest LuaTeX available or is it because my virtual machine
(OpenSolaris whatever-version-has-been-available-two-months-ago) and
your server "incompatible" in some sense? I suspect that it is the
second.

If you are willing to help us debug, I can try to send you unstripped binary.

Mojca