Hi.
2010/9/30 Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>:

> If these are the huge traced cm supers I'd rather not have them in the
> minimals but as extra as they consume a log of space.
No, it's otf fonts. For reference you could see this branch:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/cm-unicode/fonts/otf/

> If it's just cyrillic .. maybe it's more interesting to use fallbacks, given
> that we have a cyrillic only variant available for that (there are type ones
> as we have support for the t2* encodings in mkii).
It's not the only way to get Cyrillic as any other language in ConTeXt.

> Btw, one of the reasons why lm/gyre have no cyrillic (or had cyrilic
> removed) is that in spit of all efforts to locate people, no one is willing
> to check them and do some quality control. It has been discussed before: if
> there is a group of volunteers the glyphs might show up again in the fonts.
If I not mistake part of work in cm-super was done by Vladimir
Volovich (or whole work?).

So, I should ask Wolfgang Schuster (author of type-cmu.mkiv) what
could be wrong with the document? May be I do completely wrong with
that typescript?

Khaled Hosny == KH:

KH>You actually need `mtxrun -script fonts --reload` to update font database.
I tried. Without success.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov