Dear all,

This is important for anyone working with mixed language (font) texts. In my
example,  the overall document is Latin-based (e.g. English), with a paragraph
of Arabic text; I want this Arabic paragraph as a whole to fit onto the grid
(though obviously the individual Arabic lines of the paragraph would not).

Currently, when I typeset an English paragraph, followed by an Arabic
paragraph, followed by an English paragraph, the second English paragraph is no
longer on the grid, having been throw off by the Arabic one. I'm looking for
some way to automatically calculate and fill in the vspace needed for this.

This is not the same as the issue of an Arabic word or phrase (or mathematic
formula) being typeset in the midst of Latin text, as discussed
http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg46163.html. Having read a few
other matters on the mailing list (largely involving Idris and Hans), I'm sure
it's possible, but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,
Talal