On 4-10-2010 3:12, Talal Al-Azem wrote:
Dear Hans,

Thank you once again for your response. I have attached a sample file showing
examples of each of the matters discussed below which you requested. It was
produced using LaTeX and Uwe Lück's excellent ednotes package. Of course, I
couldn't produce an example of parallel texts, because to the best of my
knowledge there is no robust system for that anywhere (my definition of
'robust' means it can handle RtL languages, like Arabic, as easily as ConTeXt
does).

\starttext

\definedescription[lemma]
\setupdescriptions[lemma][before=,after=,location=serried,width=fit]

% ln: will disappear when this is stable

\setupnote [ln:linenote][paragraph=yes,numbercommand=,inbetween=\hskip.5em\vl\hskip.5em] \setupdescriptions[ln:linenote][display=no,location=serried,distance=.5em] % before=,after=

\setuplinenumbering[align=flushleft]

\startlinenumbering[100]
test \linenote {\startlemma{oeps 1} \input tufte\stoplemma} test test test test test test
test \startlinenote [well] {oeps X} test test test test test test
test \linenote {oeps 2} test test test test test test
test \linenote {oeps 3} test test test test test test
test \linenote {oeps 4} test test test test test test
test \linenote {oeps 5} test test test test test test
test \stoplinenote [well] test test test test test test
\stoplinenumbering

\stoptext

not entirely but somewhat similar

best is to team with Idris and Thomas in writing down specs for what more needed