On 10/7/2010 9:09 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Did you by any chance set the variable TEXMF in your environment?
After much ado, I finally got everything working again. I deleted everything (as usual), and then simplified my PATH (removing Cygwin and MikTeX, among others), cleaned up my environment variables ... and did a fresh install. I got a cramp from having my fingers crossed the whole time, but a functional ConTeXt came out at the end.

Now, back to work!  Thanks everyone for your help.

Tom.