Hello, it doesn't seem to work.

Let's have "t-TypeF2.mkiv" with the following content:

---
\setuptyping[default][bodyfont=small,style={\ttx\setupinterlinespace}] % 1
% 2
\starttext % 3
  \typefile[default][start=4]{t-TypeF2.mkiv} % = This file; 4
  \typefile[default][start=4,stop=99]{t-TypeF2.mkiv} % = This file; 5
  \typefile[default][lines={4,+1}]{t-TypeF2.mkiv} % = This file; 6
\stoptext % 7
---

If you see the result, all lines are printed in all cases.

Moreover, "4" and "99" are also printed in the front and at the end of the
typed file in the second case.

2Luigi:

Not an answer, but quick recipe:
With mkiv is trivial ; use lua to skip the first n-1 lines.
With  mkii just use luatex as lua interpreter to call with
\executesystemcommand  and then see previous point.

I had also such idea, but I believed to be simply solvable even with the
existing \typefile command - supposing there is start/stop line option (or it
couldn't be so complicated to provide them). So I supposed the valid syntax is
unknown for me.

Lukas