On Sun, 17 Oct 2010, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 17.10.2010 um 19:58 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

I wanted something that will work consistently in MkII and MkIV. I can do:

\doifmodeelse{\s!mkii}
 {\let\ReadFilter\ReadFile}
 {\def\ReadFilter#1{\doreadfile{any}\empty{#1}\donothing\donothing}}

but, I wanted to avoid such things if possible :-/

Does this work:

\def\ReadFilter#1%
 {\readsetfile{/tmp/}{#1}\donothing\donothing}

Yes, for both MkII and MkIV. But this still does not fit the requirement of my module.

\setupexternalfilters
  [directory=,
   outputfile=~/output/\externalfilterinputfile.tex,
   readcommand=\ReadFilter]

will fail. (The above will generate all the *-*.tmp files in current directory, which can be purged by passing --purge. The output files are generated in ~/output directory for future reference. But \ReadFilter cannot read the file.

I think that I will go with separate definitions for MkII and MkIV, or perhaps even redefine \ReadFile just before the read function is defined.

(BTW, why is system mode *mkii not set in MkII?)

Maybe Hans forgot it for mkii but it doesn’t matter whether mkii/mkiv is a
normal mode or a system mode.

IIRC, system modes cannot be reset using \(enable|disable)mode.

Aditya