On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 18:55, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Come on ... Lukáš is merely trying to remove all the codepage-related
> problems in MKIV :) :) :)

But then ... I admit that this case is so ugly that even I'm not sure
if I would want to fix it and support it.

I can imagine arbitrary complex mixtures of tex/lua/metapost/index
sorting routine calling each other recursively ... and sooner or later
this would probably break in one way or another even if some
particular case gets fixed.

Mojca