Hi,

On 11/15/2010 05:41 PM, Herbert Voss wrote:
I like to use the fonts keyboard, outline and shadow
of libertine, defined in a typescrip, e.g.
    \definetypeface[mylibertine][kb][keyboard][biolinumKB][default]
    \definetypeface[mylibertine][ol][outline] [biolinumOL][default]
    \definetypeface[mylibertine][sh][shadow]  [biolinumSH][default]

Hans has the final answer on this, but I suspect that the
second argument to \definetypeface has to be one of the six
predefined font styles (or a \definefontstyle alias to those
six). That limits the  allowable set to:

  [mm]                        [mm]
  [rm,roman,serif,regular]    [rm]
  [ss,sansserif,sans,support] [ss]
  [tt,teletype,type,mono]     [tt]
  [hw,handwritten]            [hw]
  [cg,calligraphic]           [cg]

the reason for that is that for each of those, there is possibly
also a bold, italic, bolditalic etc. font.

Since your special fonts do not have such alternatives, the easier
way is indeed

  \definefont[keyboard][LinBiolinum_Kb-0.5.4 sa 1]
  \definefont[outline][fxbo sa 1]
  \definefont[shadow][fxbs sa 1]

the reason for using 'sa 1' in those definitions is that it will
allow the fonts to scale with the current body font size.

Best wishes,
Taco