Hello, thanks for the deeper explanation -

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 17:28:55 +0100, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:

I agree that digits, upper and lower case latin and greek does not capture
all mathematic characters for which such mappings are needed. Similar
mappings might also be needed for some symbols like nabla (are there other
such symbols?). These can also be added as a key like

     nabla={normal,italic}

or

     nabla={bold,normal}

I came to work with some similar operators in differential geometry, so as I
remember or I can find:

grad (also horizontally flipped greek Delta)
div (looking like normal greek Delta)
curl, rot - the same as div (but in R3 space, whilst div is for R1)
Laplace operator

Lukas

Aditya