Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

In article <4d1c59ef.3080...@ziggo.nl>, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:
Hi,

This might not be the right place to ask this question, but want to give it a try anyway!

I've installed the ConTeXt minimals (Mark IV!) recently, and running the command:

 context --version

yields the following output:

 MTXrun | current version: 2010.07.30 11:35

Now I want to generate a few plots using the graph-module (by John D. Hobby) of MetaPost, which I used in the past to make high-quality plots. But when I add the following statement:

 input graph ;

to the preamble of my MetaPost file and run the command:

 mpost plot.mp

The run aborts with the following messages:

texnum.mp
texnum.mpx
! Unable to make mpx file.
l.17 init_numbers(btex
                     $-$etex, btex$1$etex, btex${\times}10$etex,
Transcript written on texnum.log.
TeXExec | processing graphic 'texnum.mpx'
TeXExec | runtime: 1.547143

texnum.mp
texnum.mpx
! Unable to make mpx file.
l.17 init_numbers(btex
                     $-$etex, btex$1$etex, btex${\times}10$etex,
Transcript written on plot.log.

So where to go from here? Do I need to install additional TeX related stuff to get it working? Anybody any suggestions, please? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag

P.S.

By the way, if I use MetaPost within ConTeXt using:

\loadmarkfile{m-graph}

\starttext
\startMPcode
           .
   /[MetaPost code]
              .
/ \stopMPcode
\stoptext

than everything works just fine!

Hi Gerard,

that's because of a change in ConTeXts metapost, you can use

\startMPpage
<Your MP Code here>
\stopMPpage

MetaPost from ConTeXt is not able without big changes to run standalone,
so you might need to load the MetaPost version from TeXlive, the way how
to do so depends on your OS...

Greetings
Hi Martin,

Okay, thanks for your answer!

Embedding the code in my ConTeXt file works well, but I was used to obtain my MetaPost figures seperately using the mpost-command!

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag