Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:

Hi,

I wanted to try (using ConTeXt minimals MkIV) the example on page 228 of the MetaFun manual, dealing with typesetting in MetaPost.

The code is given as:

\resetMPdrawing
\startMPdrawing
picture pic[] ;
numeric wid[], len[], pos[], n ;
wid[0] := len[0] := pos[0] := n := 0 ;
\stopMPdrawing

\def\whatever#1%
{\appendtoks#1\to\MPtoks
 \setbox\MPbox=\hbox{\bfd\the\MPtoks}%
 \startMPdrawing
  n := n + 1 ; len[n] := \the\wd\MPbox ;
 \stopMPdrawing
 \startMPdrawing[-]
  pic[n] := textext("\bfd\setstrut\strut#1") ;
  pic[n] := pic[n] shifted - llcorner pic[n] ;
 \stopMPdrawing}

\handletokens MetaPost is Fun!\with\whatever

But is won't run. The following message is generated:

\@@toks ->\MPtoks

\dodoappendtoks ->\dodoglobal \@@toks
\@EAEAEA {\@EA \the \@EA \@@toks \the ...
\whatever #1->\appendtoks #1\to \MPtoks
\setbox \MPbox =\hbox {\bfd \the \MP...
\dodohandletokenstwo *#1->\dododohandletokens {#1}
                                                 \dohandletokens
<argument> M
           etaPost is Fun!
\handletokens ...ndletokens {#2}\dohandletokens #1
                                                 \end
l.96 \handletokens MetaPost is Fun!\with\whatever

Anybody any idea?

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag
___________________________________________________________________________________ If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!

Hi,

I'm in need of help to get the example as described in the MetaFun manual running, because I want to use text around a path!

So, I started reading the chapter about 'Typesetting in METAPOST' and wanted to try the examples as given in that chapter, but without succes!

The problem seem to be the MPtoks macro. According to the text in this chapter this low level macro (and MPbox and appendtoks) are already defined, but are they really?

The version of context minimals I use at the moment is:

MTXrun | current version: 2011.01.18 19:34

Any suggestions are very much welcomed! Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Gerard