On 31-1-2011 6:45, Thomas Schmitz wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:33:57 +0100
Otared Kavian <ota...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Hans,

I uploaded the new beta with the Minimals, but neither mkii nor mkiv
work anymore…
I get
MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'
and luatools --generate
gives the same result.

This has been deprecated for quite a while now; you have to run

mtxrun --generate

Has something changed in first-setup.sh for Mac OS X and other
machines (I followed the thread about that file being changed for
Windows by Mojca, but I don't know about other operating systems).

I see the same thing on linux: you have to run mtxrun --generate and
mktexlsr and texexec --make by hand now; after that, mkiv and mkii will
run.

I assume that's a result of our discussion last week, but not quite what
Hans and Mojca are aiming at...

hm, i tested it on a linux machine and it also works at taco's end

however, I see an error in mtxrun under the upgrade bin path so I'll have a look at that (it's hard to test minimals without remote)

anyhow, making the databases and formats by hand works ok; the biggest change is not yet visible anyway (for myself i want a relocatable tree so i'm playing with that, normally that's not something users will deal with)