On 18 Feb 2011, at 03:43, Mica Semrick wrote:

> Have you considered authoring in something besides context? Say TEI XML or
> Docbook, or even markdown (if possible)? If markdown is suitable, then you
> can end up with both epub and context at the end. Or if using TEI or docbook,
> you can write a map file (something I have been trying to do) and typeset the
> xml file directly with context. I'm always happier knowing that I can get as
> many different output types from a single source as possible.

I use ConTeXt, because for my main project I want detailed influence on layout
and I want to use a lot of the powerful stuff like indexes, endnotes,
footnotes, content, etc.. For a second, much simpler, project I was thinking
about producing EPUB. I rather use only one environment (TeX, in this case
ConTeXt and the Jove editor and make) and rather not work in multiple
environments. So, for me, the start is ConTeXt.