On 2 mrt 2011, at 07:05, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 01.03.2011 um 21:59 schrieb Hans van der Meer:
>
>> Wolfgang,
>>
>> Replying directly to your address because the message body is too large.
>> Pictures are pixel images of DVB subtitles from telvision broadcast, in case
>> youre wondering.
>
> Why don’t you create a real font for this, this will create smaller files and
> you can use it with other programs.

That is beside the point. The problem is not the drawing of letters, but the
extraction of pixel data from a Transport Stream packets. The specification of
the DVB-subtitles mentions two variants: (1) string of characters, (2) pixel
colorvalues to be looked up in a 16-value CLUT. The stream I have at hand
consists of pixel data in a 720x36 rectangle. Furthermore different broadcast
stations use different lettertypes. Of course it would be nice if I could
simply extract the letters, but for the moment this surpasses my abilities.

Hans van der Meer