On 4-3-2011 12:55, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

that I have been using. Of course, this means that _ should not have its
usual meaning. I haven't checked on how \unprotect works in MkII. If it
makes _ a letter, then I'll switch to \<module>_<command>.

the main disadvantage of _ (at least in the past) is that it can get invisible on a low res screen

Another option might be to use \<module>.<command> with . having the
right catcode. That will give macro names a more OOP feel.

indeed, but unfortunately it clashes with . being other in dimensions (althoug i can imagine that we patch luatex to accept it)

I know that \do \dodo \dododo is not the best notation, but I don't
find _ __ ___ better.

I don’t like the __ and ___ either but do you know a better way for good
names without using do, dodo, nodo, yes or nop?

we can have module_do_bla or module_x_bla module_xx_bla etc

I find that \module__command and \module___command are hard to
distinguish. For helper macros, a better idea might be:

\module_command
\module_command!
\module_command!!

or

\module_!_command
\module_!!_command

These commands are easy to distinguish visually. But this will not work
for too well for three or four levels. I think that none of the schemes
look good for three or four levels. Perhaps we could mix both existing
schemes to get something reasonable:

\module_command
\module_command!
\module_command!do